Stunning Vintage 50's Red jacket from the 1950's by Kay Saks San Francisco. City Paris. This lovely Vintage jacket is single breasted and full button front with same fabric covered buttons and is very fitted. I have included a newspaper ad featuring Kay Saks clothing from 1949! This is only a jacket not a suit. This may be from the late 40s or 50s. Gorgeous jacket - gorgeous red and beautiful condition.
The size and fabric label is not present. Please use the measurements to determine if it will Fit. It is fully lined in perhaps silk crepe. The shell perhaps is a light weight wool-gabaradine. The lining and outer shell is in perfect condition. This jacket has been well cared for through the 5 or 6 decades.
The jacket has a large open lower pocket on the right side and a slant pocket on the left side. The jacket is fully lined.
The jacket is fitted so please check all the measurements to determine if it will fit.
Please search Kay Saks San Franciso PAris for more information.
Measurements are in inches
Size: Not marked
Sleeves from the top to the sleeve edge: 24.5
Shoulder to shoulder across the top :15.75
Length at center back:25
Lining: Fully lined
Color: Bright red
Made in USA
Kay Saks history -City of Paris Dry Goods Co.
The City of Paris Dry Goods Company (later City of Paris) was one of San Francisco's most important department stores from 1850 to 1976, located diagonally opposite Union Square. During mid XX century it opened a few branches in other cities of the Bay Area. The main San Francisco store was demolished in 1980 after a lengthy preservation fight to build a new Neiman Marcus, although the store's original rotunda and glass dome were preserved and incorporated into the new design
The store's history is rooted in the 1849 California Gold Rush. The company was founded by Felix Verdier in May 1850 when he arrived in the San Francisco Harbor on a chartered ship, the Ville de Paris (City of Paris), loaded with silks, laces, fine wines, champagne, and Cognac. Verdier had previously owned a silk-stocking manufacturer in Nîmes, France. The citizens of San Francisco quickly surrounded the ship with rowboats and purchased all the goods without them ever being unloaded from the ship. Many purchases were made with bags of gold dust. Verdier quickly returned to France and loaded the ship bound for San Francisco arriving in 1851, where he opened a small waterfront store at 152 Kearney Street called the City of Paris. The store's Latin motto (Fluctuat nec mergitur, "It floats and never sinks") was borrowed from the city seal of Paris.